Lop Nur Journals

Friday, October 27, 2006

Happy Snaps

It's been a while between drinks, hasn't it. I'm in Turpan, about to head to Dunhuang on a sleeper bus - and let it be known that these two words strike a cold terror into me after the 26 hour one I took across the Taklmakan Desert from Hotan back to Urumqi a few days ago. Alas, it is tough being a heroic traveller these days. I'm sure it beats across the desert by camel and donkey though...

So on my last day in Xinjiang, a fairly random selection of images...

Kashgar Watermelon Man:


Emin Minaret, Turpan:


Jiaohe Ruins, Turpan:



No profound thoughts occur to me at the moment (nor do they most of the time)...maybe later. Right now I have to hit the CD shops to get some Uighur disco music before I leave.

3 Comments:

  • get me some of that urigir disco

    oh and vote 1 josh

    By Blogger rixy, at 2:44 am  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Esther, at 3:01 pm  

  • hey scott its esther
    alfie gave me this link
    great pictures!
    especially the second one
    magnificent but...peaceful
    seems you really had a good time
    i'm glad man

    hope all well

    By Blogger Esther, at 3:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home